Home Bistro Overview
Home Bistro's tagline promises customers dishes that are "restaurant quality and all natural" and we were so happy to find that this was the case.
Home Bistro partners with several local farms across the country and provides hearty, nutritious and the opposite of cookie cutter. Overall, their dishes are less sugary, lower in carbs, and full of rich nutrients. And it's one of the best prepared meal delivery services for people with diabetes.
Enjoy 4 Interest-Free Payments for All Orders Over $35 at Home Bistro
Click button "GET DEAL" to enjoy 4 interest-free payments for all orders over $35 at Home Bistro.
This is the perfect solution for customers who love high-quality meals, but don't necessarily have the hours of cooking and prep time to make them.
How Home Bistro Works
You have the option of either purchasing one of the company's "meal combo" packages - which contain a week or two's worth of meals - or ordering individual meals a la carte.
Unlike many other meal delivery companies, Home Bistro is not a primary subscription service.
As the company explains, "At Home Bistro, all we ask is that you give our premium meals and services a chance, and when you like your experience, you can reorder at any time, and as much or as little as you'd like."
For customers ordering Home Bistro meals a la carte, the company also offers what they are calling "meal combos" which are boxes of selected meals that are one-time orders. The current meal combo boxes are built around the following themes.
Subscribe & Save 5% on Your Order at Home Bistro.
Click button "GET CODE" to save 5% on your order at Home Bistro.
- Table-for-Two (which is perfect for busy couples)
- Heart Healthy
- Work Free Week
- Lunch and Dinner
- Body Shred (As the name suggests this combo is filled with High Protein meals)
- Mini Max Pack (which sends over a small number of tasty meals)
- Diabetic Friendly
- Variety Sampler
- Take a Week Off (a combo that's specifically designed for those who need a break from the kitchen)
For those looking to use Home Bistro as a lunch service, the company's SUPERBowls are just the thing.
Designed for the busy professional, these lunch bowls are perfect for a midday meal at the office.
One of the most appealing aspects of ordering from Home Bistro is that because the company is not subscription-based, there is no commitment on the part of the consumer. Instead, you can simply order the Home Bistro meals you like when you want them without worrying about your freezer filling up with food.
We really enjoyed the following meals from the Home Bistro menu:
- Mediterranean Chicken with Orange Honey Sauce: This locally sourced chicken breast is grilled to perfection and topped with a labneh sauce made from tangy Greek yogurt. A side of couscous completes the dish.
- Peri Peri Pork Tenderloin with Orzo and Broccoli: This pork tenderloin is accompanied by a peri peri sauce made of vegetables, garlic and a hint of lemon. The orzo on the side is the perfect side dish.
- Pom-Fig Turkey Kabob: We loved how fun this turkey and vegetable kabob was. The turkey and green and red peppers get a little pop from this dish's pomegranate and fig sauce. On top of all of that, you'll also get to enjoy some garlic roasted potatoes on the side.
- Artichoke Lemon Steak with Vegetables: The perfect meal for someone who appreciates a good steak dinner, this hanger steak is seared just right and served with a tangy artichoke lemon butter sauce. Your steak will also come with fava bean and roasted bell pepper salad and Home Bistro's own version of a Moroccan Ratatouille.
- Chargrilled Salmon and Honey Roasted Carrots: You really can't go wrong with a perfectly grilled salmon and Home Bistro serves theirs to perfection.
As you can tell from the above list, Home Bistro is particularly appealing to those who love well-cooked meat with simple, flavorful sides.
Home Bistro delivers to anywhere in the contiguous United States (meaning every state with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii.)
All Home Bistro meals are delivered by FedEx and will ship 3-6 days after you place your order. Please note that deliveries are only made from Wednesday-Saturday. Shipping fees are not included with your Home Bistro orders, so be sure to budget accordingly.
Your meals will arrive in an insulated, tightly sealed box packed with dry ice in order to ensure your food arrives frozen. The company recommends that you store your food in your freezer shortly after opening your package.
The Bottom Line
We love how Home Bistro meals focus on restaurant quality food has to lead to the company's chef focusing on using meat and poultry that is locally sourced and hormone free.
All of their chicken and beef is 100% vegetarian fed and raised in the United States. Our meals were very tender and savory and altogether enjoyable.
Another thing that is great about Home Bistro is the fact that the company does not skimp on portion sizes. We found each of the dishes we tried to be quite substantial, which was a welcome change from some other meal kit options out there.
We also appreciated how Home Bistro meals are a combo of classic restaurant dishes and unexpected additions.
Additionally, because Home Bistro has menu items that are diabetic friendly and low sodium, those on restricted diets should be able to find meals that they will enjoy while also staying healthy.
Each Home Bistro package comes with detailed instructions on how to heat your meal and nutritional information about your purchase. Best of all, most of your meals can be heated and served in 20 minutes or less on either a stovetop or in your microwave.
Because there is no subscription commitment, why not try their services and see if they'd be a good match for your dietary needs and lifestyle?