Frank And Oak Overview
Frank and Oak is a Canadian clothing brand for men and women, also offering accessories and a cool subscription Style Plan. This powerhouse brand makes a splash when it comes to quality, eco-friendly clothing and a personalized style experience. This Frank and Oak clothing review will help you make an informed purchase decision when it comes to spending your money in this brand.
Receive Free Shipping on Your Order of $49+ at Frank And Oak.
Click button "GET DEAL" to receive free shipping on your order of $49+ at Frank And Oak..
Overview of Frank and Oak
Frank and Oak was born in Montreal, founded by engineers Ethan Song and Hicham Ratnani in 2012. Starting completely from scratch in the retail biz, it took its founders just over a year to become one of Canada's most exciting retailers.
Frank and Oak credits their popularity to a selection of high quality, eco-conscious clothing made of recycled and organic materials. The fact that some of their clothing is sustainable, coupled with their personalized Style Plan, has made a name for the brand in both the online and offline retail game.
Before we go further into this Frank and Oak clothing review, let's give you some pros and cons right off the bat:
- Sells a variety of men's and women's clothing and accessories, ranging from casual lounge wear to formal work attire
- Offers a personalized Style Plan, a monthly subscription box tailored to personal style and needs
- Uses many recycled and organic materials in their clothing and accessories, including recycled polyester, recycled wool, recycled hemp and organic cotton
- Their eco-conscious include hydro-less denim, cruelty-free insulation and eco dyes
- Their shipping boxes and shipping bags are 100% recycled materials
Get Monthly Clothing Subscription Box From $29 at Frank And Oak.
Click button "GET CODE" to get monthly clothing subscription box from $29 at Frank And Oak.
- Just 50% of Frank and Oak products are actually made with minimal impact processes
- Size range is someone limited and doesn't cater to plus sizes
- Although in line with the quality, Frank and Oak's clothing isn't particularly affordable for the average consumer
- There is no option on Frank and Oak's product pages to search by price
- A requirement for the Style Box is that you pay for the clothing selected for you before you receive it, which many customers felt uninformed about
Frank and Oak offers apparel including casual sweatshirts & sweaters, denim, outerwear, shoes, accessories and everything in between. Although there is not exactly a shortage of Frank and Oak products, they don't have an exceptionally large selection either. They prefer to focus on fewer, high quality, carefully selected pieces.
Frank and Oak Style Plan
The Style Plan is an integral part of any Frank and Oak clothing review. Here's a quick breakdown of Frank and Oak's trendy Style Plan, if you're interested in having personalized clothing shipped to your house every month.
How the Style Plan Works
A Frank and Oak stylist will pick out seasonal pieces for you every month and have them delivered to your door. Yes, you get your own stylist. The pieces are selected based on responses to a short quiz, which includes questions on your clothing preferences, body type and size.
Frank and Oak will ship 3-5 items every month with the option of previewing the items before hand. If patience isn't your virtue, it's ok to cave to the suspense and take a peek at the box they've assembled for you!
A Frank and Oak clothing review revealed that a monthly box can range in price from $150-$250 and can include clothing, accessories or a mix of both. If you decide not to keep anything in your box, you'll be charged a $25 styling fee. This is kind of a drag, but hopefully the quiz minimizes the number of items you receive that aren't your style.
Is Frank and Oak Worth It?
This is a great question for a Frank and Oak clothing review, but not a simple one. While I do think Frank and Oak can be worth it, though it highly depends on the item and how much you value style.
Take the Frank and Oak Long-Sleeved Camp Collar with a $79.50 price tag. It's made out of just under 50% recycled materials. Do I believe that this warrants almost $80 for a Frank and Oak shirt? Personally, I would be discouraged from buying an $80 blouse that was only made out of 47% Eco Vero viscose.
Frank and Oak's beanies are not made from any eco-friendly materials and they will still run you nearly $30 each, in keeping with Frank and Oak's higher price point. That being said, I see no problem with purchasing a pair of jeans such as the Stevie High Waisted Non-Stretch Jean for $89.50, which is made of 100% Organic cotton.
A Frank and Oak clothing review indicated that there are no reviews on their website and no option to provide feedback on individual items. Reviews off of the Frank and Oak website are mixed, mostly due to their subscription service. The main issue appeared to be that customers were not aware they would be charged for the full value of the contents of their subscription box up front, before it's even shipped to them. They would then get a refund depending on the items they chose to keep.
Seeing as most clothing subscriptions only charge you afterwards, depending on what items you've decided to keep, many customers were outraged when they noticed up to $400 disappearing from their account, before they had even received their Frank and Oak box. Whoever is reading this Frank and Oak clothing review, I don't know about you, but this sounds like a bit of a nightmare to me.
Frank and Oak Sizing
As mentioned earlier in this Frank and Oak clothing review, the brand doesn't offer a huge selection of sizes and is borderline when it comes to plus sizes. Here's how their sizing generally runs:
Frank and Oak Men
Frank and Oak's men's sizes vary depending on the item. We included the sizing guide for men's shirts from the Frank and Oak website:
|XS||36-37 cm||87 cm||84 cm|
|Small||37-38 cm||92 cm||86 cm|
|Medium||39-40 cm||97 cm||89 cm|
|Large||40-41 cm||102 cm||91 cm|
|XL||42-43 cm||107 cm||94 cm|
|XXL||44-45 cm||112 cm||96 cm|
- Pants and jeans: 28×32 – 36×34
- Blazers: 36R to 34R
- Shoes: 8 to 13
Frank and Oak Women
Frank and Oak's women's sizing also varies depending on the item. Here's the Sizing Guide on women's tops on Frank and Oak's website:
|XXS||77.5-80 cm||58.5-61 cm||84-86 cm|
|XS||82.5-85 cm||63.5-66 cm||89-91.5 cm|
|Small||87.5-90 cm||68.5-71 cm||94-96.5 cm|
|Medium||92.5-95 cm||73.5-77.5 cm||99-103 cm|
|Large||99-103 cm||81-85 cm||106.5-110.5 cm|
|XL||106.5-110.5 cm||89-92.5 cm||114-118 cm|
- Pants and jeans: 00 to 16
- Shoes: 6 to 10
Frank and Oak Shipping
Here's breakdown of Frank and Oak's shipping policy:
- Frank and Oak ships to all U.S. and Canadian addresses and 40+ countries around the world.
- They offer free shipping over $49 (but do not specify where to)
- Standard shipping averages (2-7 business days) and costs $9.95
- Express Shipping averages 2-4 business days and costs $25
- You have the option of shipping to the store, which averages 2-7 business days and is free
- International delivery times differ depending on location and can cost between $40 and $50
Frank and Oak Returns
A Frank and Oak clothing review found a relatively brief return policy:
- Returns can be made in store and online
- Online returns can be completed by logging into your Frank and Oak account and generating a return label free of charge
- If you're making your return by mail, you need to make your request online within 10 days after delivery or by in-store purchase
- You then have 7 days to mail the items back to Frank and Oak
- If you make an in-store purchase and decide to return it by mail, you will receive store credit only (you can also use this credit to buy Frank and Oak gift cards)
All items must be in unworn, unwashed condition and have the tags still attached.
All clearance items ending in $.97 are final sale and cannot be returned. These items also can't be returned: custom suiting, bodywear, swimwear, grooming products, books and magazines.
How to Cancel Frank and Oak
You can easily cancel your Frank and Oak subscription service by logging into your account and heading to the Membership Settings section of your Frank and Oak profile.
The Bottom Line
If you're looking for a cool new store for elevated classics made out of more eco-friendly materials, Frank & Oak is a good place to check out. Of course, there are few individual actions as sustainable as not buying anything new, but if you're looking for a new T-shirt, or you need a new pair of jeans, this is a considerably low-impact option that's easy to order online and is just as stylish as non-eco-friendly options.
Overall, we are with our experts really impressed with Frank & Oak's Style Plan. The picks fit my personal style but also led me to try out-of-the-box clothes; the materials felt high quality; and the fits were flattering.
You may find that prices are a bit higher than you'd expect to pay, but that's not always the case. When it is, you're often paying for better materials and more ethical manufacturing. There are also sales, and if you're on a Style Plan, there's member-exclusive pricing up to 20% off. For me as a shopper, the extra money is worth it to feel better about the product. Buy fewer, and buy better.