In modern times, we're far less equipped in terms of skills and gear to manages less savory situations than a difficult day at the office. When it comes to field, survival and tactical gear, most of us are generally poorly prepared for emergencies, especially in the great outdoors. The Battlbox subscription service caters to those who want carefully curated items for such occasions, whether accidental or not. From firestarters to fixed blade survival knives, you can be sure each box will be a surprise.
With expertly curated tactical gear and EDC items, these subscription boxes aren't just cool…
Save 10% on Your Orders with BattlBox Email Sign Up
Click button "GET DEAL" to save 10% on your orders with BattlBox email sign up
What is Battlbox?
Battlbox is a survival and outdoor gear subscription service. Hardcore survivalists and preppers will love the expert curation and range of products Battlbox has to offer.
Each Battlbox is based on a theme, or Mission, and is filled with gear to help you survive and thrive. With Missions ranging from Repair Anything to Active Shooter/Mass Casualty Response, Battlbox is out to help subscribers be prepared when life takes unexpected turns.
Some of the products are immediately useful… things like daypacks, hydration kits, and knives. But Battlbox is also one of the few subscription boxes that have items you'll hope you never have to use, but you'll be glad to have in an emergency.
In addition to typical survival and outdoor gear, Battlbox frequently includes accessories for firearms.
One of the things to really like about Battlbox is the four subscription options. This way, you get to decide how much to spend based on how much gear you crave. Here's a full breakdown of the different options and their prices further down in our Battlbox review.
Enjoy Montly Basic Plans starting from $29.99 at BattlBox.
Click button "GET CODE" to enjoy montly basic plans starting from $29.99 at BattlBox
The large white cardboard box is inviting with its big Battlbox gladiator helmet logo and corresponding lettering. For an introductory box, it's quite a haul in terms of the quality and the amount of gear. Not having looked at the details of the contents online prior to receiving it, the Welcome Box 1.2 and everything inside was a pleasant surprise, especially for someone who enjoys survival and tactical gear, having come from a law enforcement background. The contents are well-packed, with shredded brown paper packing material to cushion everything properly. It came with all the items listed below, inclusive of every tier's items in this seriously impressive package.
Pro+ Mission 1.2
- Speed Cinch Tent Stakes (set of 4): more than your basic tent stakes, these are heavy duty and allow easy tie-in with tent or tarp ropes.
- Murphy's Mosquito Sticks pack: made with natural repellent and no DEET. Each one burns for approximately two hours.
- Exotac Fire Sleeve (Bic lighter not included): start a fire anytime, anywhere with this convenient kit.
- Zippo Campfire Starter: a hockey puck-sized disc of cedar that burns even when wet.
- Light My Fire Camp Spork: this Swedish-made triple utensil has a fork, spoon, and knife built in without any moving parts.
- Self-Reliance Outfitters Mini Inferno: These small discs provide 5-7 minutes of flame when hit with a spark. Good for lighting up quickly.
- Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent: hours of protection against mosquitoes, gnats, flies and chiggers and more effective than DEET.
- Camp Stove Set (alcohol stove plus cook pot and lid/fry pan): the only thing missing is the food.
- Battlbox Single-person Tent w/Mosquito Net and Rain Fly: roomy, easy to set up and well made. Great military tan color choice, too.
- Gerber LMF II Infantry Survival Knife, with leg sheath: one of the best fixed-blade knives out there for the money. Brilliant addition of well-made leg sheath.
First of all, there's no contract. You pay monthly, and you get shipped the current box every month. You can cancel at any time. They make it convenient and easy to sign up with virtually no buyer's remorse. Subscribers can even skip a month if they don't want the current box or would prefer to take a short break. You don't even have to call them. You can manage your account online. Costs are:
- Basic: $29.99/month + shipping and handling
- Advanced: $49.99/month + shipping and handling
- Pro: $99.99/month + shipping and handling
- Pro Plus: $149.99/month + shipping and handling
How to Subscribe
It's all based on cost, and the BattlBox subscription sign-up is simple. Just choose the type of subscription level you'd like and enter your payment information. Your Welcome Box will be your first package. If you subscribe before 8:00 pm Eastern time on the 3rd of the month, your BattlBox will ship by the 9th of the same month, and should arrive by 15th. If you subscribe after the 8:00 pm cutoff on the 3rd of the month, your box will ship the next month before the 9th. Again, you can cancel, skip, upgrade or downgrade at any time. You can even send a box as a gift should you so choose.
Managing Your Subscription
You can cancel your subscription by logging in and clicking "cancel subscription" on the bottom of the screen. You can change your subscription to a different type of box by going into the same settings page after logging in. You can even skip a box without cancelling on that same page.
Is Battlbox Worth It?
If tactics, survival and the outdoors are your thing, this box is absolutely worth it. For most men, it's probably not worth spending the money, especially at the higher levels. But that's also where you get the best gear like the Knife of the Month. The more expensive items are likely to get unlikely customers into the survivalist and outdoor lifestyle. The fact that Battlbox does a fantastic job of selecting high-quality items means they're serious about what they do. We can't imagine that the profits are going through the roof because the packaging, the selection and the excellent subscription management flexibility are all above par. If you're looking to create or to build your survival/outdoors gear repertoire, Battlbox is one of the best. The fact that every box (except your Welcome Box) is a surprise is also part of the appeal. If it were our choice, we'd opt for the Pro Plus subscription and simply skip now and then in order to keep costs low.